Friday, October 1, 2010

Evening Hunt 9/29/10

Luckily my seminar got out early today so I hit the woods. Before climbing up I set out a grain block and some apples where I've been seeing most of the deer come through. It was a pretty still evening in the mid 60's with occasional 2-9mph breezes out of the Southeast. Didn't look like much was going to happen, but right at 7:20 I had a deer come in. I was about to draw back thinking it was a doe, but spotted a small set of antlers on him. Turned out to be a little 4-pointer who hung out eating leaves 8 yards from the stand for about 10 minutes or so. By the time he walked away it was time to call it a day.

I'm off to a wedding today, so hoping to hit the woods this Sunday evening after all the festivities. Below are a couple pics of the "Pond Stand" I've been hunting (thanks Joe).

No comments:

Post a Comment